Products | Terms & Conditions
Hereby the "Seller" shall be Armored Devices Inc.. The acceptance of any order is subject to the credit rating of buyer and approval from seller. Acceptance of order is also contingent on acceptance from seller. Any sales agreement from a third party(i.e. representatives) shall not be considered binding unless acceptance from seller.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALES: These terms and conditions of sale shall be the complete contract and shall be governed by the laws in the state of Florida unless a separate sales agreement is signed by both buyer and seller. Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and signed by an officer in the seller's company. RECEIVING A QUOTATION FROM THE SELLER OR PRESENTING AN ORDER TO SELLER WITHOUT A SIGNED SALES AGREEMENT, THE BUYER HEREBY ACKNOWLEGES THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE GOVERN ALL PURCHASES OF BUYER FROM SELLER. SELLER REJECTS ANY TERMS BETWEEN BUYER AND ANY OTHER PARTY.
PRICES, PAYMENTS AND DELIVERY: Buyer agrees to pay the prices quoted by seller. Buyer is responsible for all additional shipping and handling charges, duties and taxes. Seller shall include necessary taxes unless Buyer submits a tax exemption certificate or equivalent. Buyer reserves the right to invoice(bill) a second invoice(after original) for additional taxes/fees if tax exemption status is not verified or if delivery costs exceed estimates. Any delivery dates and costs are estimates. Deliveries will be deemed complete at location where buyer receives possession. Claims for damages in transit are Buyer's sole responsibility when not delivered by Seller's truck. PARTIAL DELIVERIES TO FILL AN ORDER WILL BE INVOICED UPON PRODUCT LEAVING THE SELLERS POSSESSION. All invoices are to be paid in U.S. dollars to Seller within 30 days. Buyer agrees to pay a charge on all amounts past due at the rate of 1.5% per month (18% per year) or the maximum lawful rate, whichever is less. Buyer agrees to pay Sellers cost of collection, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs in the event of non- payment.
WARRANTIES AND CLAIMS
Armored Devices Inc.(ADI) is a manufacturer of ballistic defensive equipment. Armored Devices Inc. purchases ballistic fabric from primary manufacturers in the United States. We only purchase from top tier manufacturers, with the highest standards and reputations for providing quality materials. ADI then incorporates the fabrics into our designs. Some fabrics are custom molded, but most are kept in flat panel configurations. All other components in our assemblies are either machined by ADI, purchased(such as a rivet) and installed by ADI or welded together by ADI.
Warranties from ADI are in two parts.
- ADI follows the recommendations for care and maintenance as set forth by the fabric producers (in the case of hardened steel- the steel mills). We transfer this care and maintenance to our customers.
- ADI warranties all other components in our products.
EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY FOR ARMORED DEVICES INC. BALLISTIC EQUIPMENT
Armored Devices Inc.(ADI) warrants that all ballistic products comply with the National Institute of Justice(NIJ) standard 0101.06(published in 2008)for ballistic resistance. This ballistic resistance shall be limited to the threat level as stated on the product label. ADI warrants that all steel ballistic plates shall maintain their ballistic integrity for a minimum of 25 years. ADI warrants that all spectrashield/dyneema products shall maintain their ballistic integrity for 120 months(10 years) beginning upon the date of shipping from ADI to customer or at ADI sole discretion, based on the date stamped on the product. ADI warrants that all ballistic fiberglass products (Insulgard) conform to the nameplate threat rating at the time of purchase. ADI warrants all polycarbonate viewports maintain their ballistic integrity for 5 years(60 months) or as to when yellow discoloration/fading occurs. ADI makes no other warranty, express or implied with respect to the performance, suitability or fitness for intended use for ballistic fiberglass products.
All ballistic materials shall not be used longer than the periods as described above. Usage longer than the stated periods may result in severe injury or death. Users must keep their body armor as described in the owner's manual and warnings. All warranties will be void if the product has been damaged in any way, serviced by non ADI personnel, neglected, misused or not following recommended storage and handling procedures.
All materials shall be warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for 12 months(1 year) beginning upon the date of shipping from ADI to customer or at ADI sole discretion, based on the date stamped on the product. Defects in material and workmanship are limited to the main functional aspects of the part and under no circumstances are cosmetic defects warranted. ADI reserves the right to repair/replace the part(s) with a pro-rated cost based on remaining time of warranty.
Rapid deployment mechanisms that enable the product to open within 2 seconds or less can be functionally altered by the user by the angle of holding the product, external obstructions and other factors. ADI does NOT warrant the time of deployment(as defined by having moving panels fully open) in any way. ADI will NOT be held liable for serious injury or death resulting from any claims from ADI regarding deployment times. Moving parts are subjected to wear and are considered consumable parts. Consumable parts are not warranted.
All products showing signs of considerable use(example- protective black coating worn, fabric behind coating being seen), despite length of time from purchase date, shall be deemed to be an abuse of the product and all warranties for this product are void.
Buyer is to pay for all transportation costs for warranty and no warranty repairs.
The above warranties are the only and exclusive warranties made by ADI with respect to ballistic panels and all other ADI parts. No additional warranties are added by sales literature, media coverage, any representations, course of dealing, trade usage, technical advice, samples, or statements by any dealer, common employee of ADI, either written or expressed otherwise. Only an authorized officer or ADI may in writing alter the warranty.
ADI MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES(IMPLIED, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR OTHERWISE) INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR MERCHANTABILITY OR PURPOSE.
If the user discovers a defect in materials or workmanship, the user must immediately stop using the product and within 7 days notify ADI, obtain a return authorization number and send product back to ADI at buyer's expense. ADI does not need to receive product within the 7 day period. Buyer must send proof of purchase.
If ADI concludes that the product is defective at no fault of buyer, then ADI will at its choice and as the sole and exclusive remedy for the breach of any of ADI warranty, repair, replace with an equivalent model or give a pro- rated purchase price credit for other ADI products.
In no case will Armored Devices Inc. be held liable for any punitive, consequential, exemplary damages, future or lost profits, IN NO CASE WILL ARMORED DEVICES INC. OR ITS OFFICERS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, FUTURE OR LOST PROFITS, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR EXPENSE THAT MAY OCCUR FROM ANY USE OF AN ARMORED DEVICES INC. PRODUCT. IN ADDITION, ARMORED DEVICES INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF TIME OR EXPENSE RELATING TO AN ARMORED DEVICES INC. PRODUCT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICK LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE AND WHETHER ARMORED DEVICES INC. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF ARMORED DEVICES INC.(INCLUDING WITH THE LIABILITY OF ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES,DEALERS OR SHAREHOLDERS) EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID TO ARMORED DEVICES INC. FOR THE PRODUCT.
BODY ARMOR BALLISTIC SPECIFICATIONS:
All new body armor systems manufactured by Armored Devices Inc.(ADI) are made in accordance with the National Institute of Justice standard 0101.06 for the threat level as stated on the product's label. This protection level is warranted only at the date of sale, for new equipment only.
Used body armor systems will be tested using a standard destructive test as set forth in MIL-STD-662.
WARNINGS: FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ALL WARNINGS MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
- ALL PROTECTIVE DEVICES ARE MADE TO REDUCE, BUT MAY NOT ELIMINATE THE RISK OF DEATH OR SERIOUS BODILY INJURIES. THE USER MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH THREAT LEVELS EXPECTED AND THE THREAT LEVEL RATING ON EVERY ADI PRODUCT. THE USER IS NEVER TO EXCEED THE THREAT LEVEL ON THE ADI NAMEPLATE.
- BALLISTIC IMPACTS CLOSE TO THE EDGES OF THE PANELS MAY NOT HAVE ENOUGH MATERIAL TO COMPLETELY STOP THE PROJECTILE.
- THE USER MUST OPERATE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OWNER'S MANUAL AND BE AWARE OF THE PARTS OF THE ARMORED SYSTEM WHICH MAY NOT CONTAIN ANY BALLISTIC MATERIAL.
- MULITIPLE HITS IN A CONFINED AREA MAY WEAKEN THE BALLISTIC FABRIC TO THE POINT OF A BULLET PASSING THROUGH.
- ALL BALLISTIC PANELS ARE DESIGNED TO DEFEAT BULLET THREATS AND ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR KNIFE AND/OR STABBING WEAPONS. ONLY THE BALLISTIC FIBERGLASS PANELS HAVE THE INCREASED POINTED WEAPON PROTECTION.
- ALL BALLISTIC PANELS DO NOT OFFER COMPLETE PROTECTION AGAINST PROJECTILES. ALL PANELS WILL ELASTICALLY DEFORM TOWARD THE USER'S SIDE BEFORE STOPPING THE PROJECTILE, WITH SOME PERMANENT DEFORMATION RESULTING. THE DEFORMATION TOWARD THE USER MAY BE SIGNIFICANT AND AS A RESULT CAUSE "BLUNT TRAUMA INJURIES" SUCH AS BRUISES, BROKEN BONES AND INTERNAL INJURIES.
- DO NOT STORE BALLISTIC PROTECTIVE DEVICES IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT, TEMPERATURES OVER 100F OR LESS THAN 50F, ESPECIALLY IN HIGH HUMIDITY ENVIRONMENTS AS BALLISTIC PROTECTION AND PRODUCT MATERIALS MAY DEGRADE.
- DO NOT EXPECT RAPID DEPLOYMENT OF 2 SECONDS OR LESS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS TIME WILL VARY BASED ON ANGLE THE SHIELD IS HELD WITH RESPECT TO THE GROUND, AGE OF THE MECHANISMS, ETC.
- DO NOT USE THE BALLISTIC PRODUCTS IF THEY HAVE BEEN STRUCK BY A BULLET OR ANOTHER OBJECT, DROPPED, SHOW SIGNS OF CRACKING ON THE COATINGS OR ANY OTHER DIFFERENCES FROM NEW CONDITION.
- DO NOT IMERGE THE PRODUCT, SUBJECT TO CHEMICALS OR SHORT EXTREME TEMPERATURE VARIATIONS.
- BE AWARE THAT A BULLET MAY DEFLECT OFF THE SURFACE OF A PANEL AND AS SUCH HIT THE USER OR A BYSTANDER. THIS SECONDARY IMPACT A "RICOCHET" MAY STILL CAUSE GREAT BODILY INJURY OR DEATH.
- ALL SHIELDS HAVE GREATLY REDUCED BALLISTIC PROTECTION IF A BULLET HITS EXACTLY AT A HINGE, IF SO EQUIPPED.
EXPORTS: Buyer is responsible for compliance with all United States export control rules and regulations. Buyer shall not list Seller as shipper or exporter of record for any export of products purchased from Seller.
TERMINATION: Seller may terminate this agreement effective immediately upon written notice to Buyer in the event of a)Buyer defaults on a payment due to Seller within time provided in contract, b)Buyer has a change in ownership or c) Seller has a reasonably believes buyer's credit rating has or will change.
EVENTS BEYOND SELLER'S CONTROL: Seller shall not be held responsible if events beyond the Seller's control occur. Such events include "Acts of God" or "force majeure" events or delays from Seller's vendors.